SMS Com Hybrid Controller 4 A
What it does:
The Hybrid Controller uses software controlled temperature sensing technology combined with a mechanical system for controlling fan speed. It is designed to maintain a constant temperature inside your room whilst keeping airflow under control at all times. It is the ideal solution for those looking for the quietist running extractor fans as it creates No Buzzing or Humming from any type of extractor GUARANTEED!!!!
How it works:
Once you have set your desired temperature level and minimum fan speed, the Hybrid Controller will automatically create the perfect climate by automatically adjusting the fans speed over a series of up to 5 steps (2 steps for the 2 ampere controller). Negative air pressure is ensured through the perfect synchronisation of both fans.
The Hybrid Controller is plug and play, so no wiring is needed. Just plug in your fans, set the desired temperature and minimum fan speed, and the Hybrid Controller will take care of the rest.
Setting the Hybrid Controller
The 4, 8 and 16 ampere regulator will automatically choose between 5 different speed settings to maintain your set temperature. The 2 ampere controller will choose between low and a high speed
1. Position the controller in a convenient location and put the Temperature Sensor in the centre of the growing area. Avoid putting the Temperature Sensor somewhere where it will take a false temperature reading like in direct sunlight or in the cool incoming air from the ventilation system.
2. Connect the input fan to the left side and the output fan to the right side of the controller.
3. Plug the controller into an electrical socket and switch on.
4. Set the desired temperature using dial 1.
5. Set the minimum fan speed** using dial 2 (only for 4, 8 and 16 ampere)
6. The 4, 8 and 16 ampere controller will now automatically adjust the fans speed between speed 1 and 5. The 2 ampere controller will automatically choose the high or low speed, depending on the ambient temperature.
Manual Setting for the 4, 8 and 16 ampere
Adjust the fans speed manually between speeds 1-5.
1. Set dial 1 to its highest setting (45 degrees).
2. Using dial 2, you can now adjust the speed manually between speeds 1 – 5. Manual setting can only be used if the ambient temperature of the room is 45 degrees C or below.
The Hybrid Controller uses a heavy duty relay to regulate the power as the controller switches between the different speeds. You will hear a small ‘click’ as the relay switches between speeds. The heavy duty relay ensures the controller is robust and reliable in operation at all times.
Minimum Fan Speed**only applies to the 4, 8 and 16 ampere controllers. When you set the minimum fan speed on a Hybrid Controller in the automatic mode, you are setting the range the controller can operate between. You are not turning the fans to that speed immediately For example, if set at speed 1, the controller will automatically adjust the fans speed anywhere between speed 1 and 5 to keep the temperature constant. If set at speed 2, the controller will operate anywhere between speed 2 and 5 and so on… We recommend setting the minimum fan speed to the lowest setting, position 1, as this gives the greatest range of operation for the controller.
NB: the 2 ampere controller has a fixed chosen minimum suction speed that will suffice for most common fans.
Max Load**: Hybrid Controller 2A: 2A or 450W
Max Load**: Hybrid Controller 4A: 4A or 900W
Max Load**: Hybrid Controller 8A: 8A or 1800W
Max Load**: Hybrid Controller 16A: 16A or 3600W
SMS Com Hybrid Controller 4 A
- Product Code: 2414
- Availability: Must be customer to view